Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend


Parade time!

Children with fire!


Our Float


A Festival



Jack riding the rides

I have to say the 4th has always been a sort of blah holiday for me. I don't know we always have a good time, but it just wasn't a real big thing. The last 2 years have been a bit different. I appreciate our country more now that we have Jack. I realize how lucky we are to live in a country that I could bring Jack here and let him have all the medical attention that he needs.




In China many people were shocked that we were willing to take a cleft baby. They weren't being cruel or mean or anything like that, it just wasn't understood. Their country did not afford them the opportunity to have the medical services we have. So many children die of starvation for a correctable condition. I feel very blessed that we have those opportunities here. I know the US is far from perfect, but I also know that my little boy will be able to attain his potential here.





As I spent the 4th with our close friends that have a little boy with special needs, a little girl from Vietnam, and their oldest daughter, plus our 3 children (2 of which would not have survived in many countries) I could not help but feel blessed. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments: