Cam feeding his sister
Ethan, so happy with "his" baby!
We're going home :)
One week old
So we had a crazy birth and hospital stay. It went something like this:
1. Uneventful C-section, Reagan came out looking great.
2. Platelet count taken immediately, Reagan started getting petechia and bruising.
3. Platelet count came back at 14, which is critically low.
4. Baby whisked away to receive IVIG
5. Mom brought to recovery, hemorrhage occurs.
6. Mom needs to give blood to baby, but her own counts are too low.
7. Finally mom convinces them to take blood.
8. Baby given blood platelets
9. Mom passes out and is given transfusion.
10. 48 hours later everyone is fine!
11. Thursday everyone goes home.
A week later it's just like none of it ever happened.
I cannot feel anything but blessed. I have two healthy children, who started with a condition that many don't survived. It's just a God thing. I continue to be so convinced of the plan that has been laid for us. However, this will be our last newborn, so I plan to savor every moment.