Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ahh..More Paperwork!

So we sent in an I824 to homeland security to change our country back to China with of course a large sum of money. As those of us from the adoption world know all paperwork that you put lots of time and energy into is accompanied by a large sum of money. For those of you who don't know what an I 600 is it's permission for us to bring an orphan into the US. An I 824 is simply a form that one can use to switch where the orphan is coming from.
Shortly after filing the paperwork we got a call saying we needed an updated homestudy. Which is a bit of a problem since we don't have one of those! You see we were able to use our original homestudy for China because we never stopped that adoption and it's less than two years old. After many conversations I really still didn't know what we were supposed to do. Luckily when I emailed our homestudy agency they were kind enough to mail an original homestudy with an addendum to homeland security. Hopefully this will do the trick! Nothing can be easy! I think we've done enough paperwork for a lifetime! We're still "patiently" waiting for our PA. I tell you what God is certainly teaching us a lesson in patience. This is like the longest pregnancy ever. Well at least I can drink coffee and alcohol during this pregnancy!! That's it for now.


nancy said...

hi shannon

nancy said...

shannon and eric your perseverence will pay off shortly.we can't wait to spoil another grandson. we already love jackzhen. love mom and dad.