Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!!!




They sure are keeping us moving this trip! Today we went to the Great Wall. It was truly so amazing. It was way bigger than I could have ever imagined. It used to stretch through 7 of China's Provinces. It was amazingly constructed in the mountains. We walked a portion of it today, and let me tell you I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. We walked up about 600 stairs. The stairs were very irregular. Some were very small, while others were so steep you had to climb up on all fours. The views were amazing!

After the Great Wall we went to a Chinese restaurant. The food was very good. I tried everything and I have to say the only thing I didn't care for were the french fries! I even tried a fish that still had the eyes and all. It actually was good! We finished the meal with a shot of sake. I about died drinking that. I think my whole throat and mouth burned for about 10 minutes, but it sure cleared the sinuses!

We finished up the day with a trip to Summer Palace. This is where the empress would spend the spring and summer months. It was huge and very pretty. There was a large man made lake surrounding it.

I think I did more walking and stair climbing today than I have in a very long time. We are wiped out!

Tomorrow we will be flying into Nanning, which is the largest city in the Guanxi province where Jack lives. We won't meet Jack until Monday afternoon, but we're getting closer!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay for getting closer! Let's see...you are ahead of us, so while I sleep on Sunday night, you'll be meeting your little one! So exciting!

The pictures are great. We miss you here. I miss you here. Jim is fixing the uh....."refrigerator" out back and your dad supplied it. So, things will be "ready" when Eric gets back. Though I'm sure it will keep your dad and Jim company while he's gone. ;) Meanwhile, I'll keep the other machine company.

Have loads of fun!!

PS Make sure to tell us what size Jack fits into when you get him. I'm curious!