Monday, March 23, 2009

Our first night


Jack is awesome! He is very funny and has lots of personality. Last night he ate and ate and ate. He had a half of can of puffs, a bowl of oatmeal, two cereal bars, a bowl of rice congee, some formula, and flavored water. He is very, very, very small right now, but I don't think it will last. The 12-18 month clothes we brought are hanging on him, but the length is about right. I see lots of one piece outfits and overalls in his future! His little feet are so tiny. The 6-12 month socks are too big! Of course Eric couldn't find shoes that would fit him here either. Apparently Chinese men have very small feet. The biggest size we found was an 8!

He loves to clap toys together to make noise, imitate us, throw things (he has a good throw!), and walk. He really loves to hold our hands and walk everywhere. He can walk by himself. It still looks a little uncoordinated, but I think it's because he is walking on two tooth picks. He loved the mirrors at the hotel. He sat and made funny faces for a long time. He hates elevators and cries every time we get on. He is very good at communicating with gestures, and he also has already learned the word "more". What can I say he loves food and wants more!!! He seems very alert and watches everything we do. As we expected he seems a little behind in all areas, but I'm sure it won't last long!

Last night we weren't sure how to put him to bed, so he showed us. He hopped in my lap and rocked side to side. I guess his nanny rocked him to sleep. Heather, it looks like I might need that chair after all! He then flipped on his belly and fell asleep on me. I let him sleep on me for about an hour, then put him in his crib. He slept all night hand clutched on his blankie. We can't wait to see more of him today!

Here is a sleeping pic, but I will add some pictures a little later.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Awww...I can not wait to meet him. I'm about to burst! The chair is yours. He sounds really smart!!
Give him a hug from us!

LowerTeakwood said...

ethan and I read the blog together and he is very excited to have Jack come home. He even told Dorie about it.Cam is now saying that mom and dad are in china and will be coming home with Jack.Did you know that Ethan can say in the name of the father etc.completely? The boys had great days at school and played outside. We loved the video and already have a special place in our hearts for Jack. WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU CAM,ETHAN,PAPA,NONA AND GRANDMA.

rm 108 said...

Oh here come the tears again...what beautiful picts, of you with Jack and of him sleeping.

The Mom said...

I'm so glad that you had a great first night! Jack sounds like he will fit right in to your family (and to LT!). We can't wait for you to come home so we can meet him.
Kate

Rusti and Kevin "Snuffy" said...

jack and Emily seem to very much alike. They sound to be about the same size and doing the same with the toys and the walking bit. Can't wait to see you on Fri. There is a great play room here.

Kevin and Rusti